In any mining operations, transportation of minerals and heavy loads from the mines to their destination has always played a vital role. In the past years, many technological improvements and advances have occurred in the industry of mine Haulage, both the performance of the transportation operation and its cost being overall improved.
Mineral transportation has always posed a challenge since the transportation system cannot be standardized because of geological events happening in mining areas. The most common form of civil mine Haulage has been the transportation of minerals using truck Haulage systems.
Another system which has been commonly used in the past years is the conveyor system. Because of their limited load capacity, another system was designed: the pipeline system.
In the following lines we will take a closer look at the most commonly used systems in mineral transportation that are used today.
Well begin with the transfer of minerals using the capsule pipeline system. Even though the pipeline system is a rather new technology, there are thousands of kilometers of pipeline crossing through many countries and transporting minerals. But since technology needs to constantly evolve, a new system was developed over the old pipeline system: the capsule pipeline system.
The Capsule Pipeline Research Center has been researching basic and advanced applications for the hydraulic and capsule pipeline such as the transportation of solid loads.
The system was first tested by the Sumitomo company. They transported solid limestone using the capsule pipeline system. This system revolutionized the mining Haulage industry. Trains of wheeled capsules were used to transport the limestone through a pipeline at a low air pressure. The system is completely eco-friendly and uses only modern technology.
Since everything is controlled using computerized systems there is not much need for any personnel attention. This system eliminates the risk that truck Haulage and conveyors pose, since it doesnt require much maintenance whatsoever and the minerals are safe during the transportation because any harsh weather conditions will not affect the load in any way.
Truck Haulage has always been the most common way of transporting mineral loads such as coal and ore from a destination to another. The Caterpillar Company manufactures trucks which are used worldwide for transportation of minerals. Truck Haulage though, relies on weather and climate conditions and also geological and topographic occurrences.
The Caterpillar company is going to release the largest truck ever constructed, the new model (797), which is said to be able to carry loads of up to 326 metric tons. Truck Haulage performance is dependent not only on the choice of the truck model but also on weather conditions, geological occurrences, the maintenance and the available planning time.
The last type of mineral transportation we are going to feature in this article is transportation using conveyors.
Conveyor transportation is more practical than truck Haulage transportation. One reason is due to the required level of maintenance and replacement of the trucks. During the last few years, the conveyor system advanced radically, allowing the system to work without problems over longer distances and curves.
Technological advances have also taken place in the actual design of the conveyor, some of the improvements cover the conveyor belt manufacture design and the support devices. The prevention against surges has also been improved significantly. The conveyor system also requires some maintenance attention like checking the belt and any other moving parts for any damage.
As you’ve read above, the transportation system in the mining industry is always evolving and adapting in order to face any challenges and changes in the industry.
About the Author:
Shaun Frater has been in the removal business for over 20 years. His website FreightOz.com.au helps Australians and New Zealanders save time and money by allowing them to list any type of freight and receive quotes from transport operators. Get Quotes for Sending Goods Anywhere in Australia
For those who are looking for jobs that hire felons, this article lists some popular jobs and offers advice on how to get a job. Due to the economic recession that is troubling the country right now, jobs that hire felons are not that easy to get. Many people have become unemployed because of downsizing and small businesses closing but there are still some jobs that hire felons you can apply to.
Here is a list of the top felony jobs:
1. Prison programs for ex-felons – If you were lucky enough to take advantage of programs that help ex-felons with job readiness, then your first step should be to ask the people who helped you in prison if they know of any jobs for felons. Chances are good that they will be able to help you.
2. State employment offices – You can also try calling or visiting your state employment office. They will have people there who can help you with things like creating a good resume or writing cover letters as well as finding the best jobs that hire felons.
3. Non-profit organizations – Non-profit organizations often employ ex-felons and there may even be some in your area that have programs that are specifically designed to help ex-felons look for jobs that hire felons.
4. Temp agencies – Temp agencies are a good option. They are likely to have many different jobs that hire felons available for you. The main benefit to temp jobs is that it can lead to regular jobs and you can try out different types of work.
5. Trucking companies – The trucking industry has been growing at a good rate. Coupled with the fact that many of their drivers are nearing retirement age, there is a great demand for new truck drivers. This is one of the jobs that hire felons that pay pretty well and offer steady work.
6. Food service – Jobs like waiters, bartenders, bus staff, counter attendants, etc. are also always in demand. Tips can be a very good source of extra income if you can find one of the better felony jobs at the good restaurants, bars and other such places.
7. Military jobs – Did you know that ex-felons can enlist in the US Military through its moral waiver program? They have many felony jobs available because the military is always recruiting. As a matter of fact, one in eight people who enlisted in 2008 needed to get a waiver to join the service. This is a good career choice for people who like discipline and want to serve their country.
8. Freelance work – Another excellent option for people who like to work independently is freelance work. Examples of these types of jobs for felons are graphic artists, journalists, web designers, masseuses, personal trainers, photographers, videographers, makeup artists, etc.
9. Entrepreneur – There are countless biographies of famous people who started off small and made it big. This is practically the only type of jobs for felons that have endless potential but also some risk. It’s true that you could end up losing the shirt off your back if your business fails but, on the other hand, you could also become rich.
Jobs that hire felons are not too numerous but you should be able to find a few if you look in the right places. If you really want to find the best jobs that hire felons, try to network by calling up friends and family to let them know that you are looking for a job.
You may get lucky and get useful referrals, recommendations and advice. Don’t give up if you don’t immediately get a job. Stay positive and keep on looking for the jobs that hire felons you can get.